42 Technology is a successful and growing consultancy specialising in innovation, design, and development. Our work with world leading clients in a range of industries takes products and processes from ideas to reality. We have built a reputation for challenging the status quo and finding creative and pragmatic solutions to difficult technical problems.
Our employees love the variety and challenge of our work. We have a stimulating and open culture, an excellent team, and a great location in the historic town of St Ives, close to Cambridge.
We are looking for a motivated Office Administrator to join our dedicated support team. As our Office Administrator you will be the first point of contact for visitors and callers and provide support to the Office Manager in the running of the facilities. This position will be full time (37.5 hours per week) and will be involved in a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks as well as project work.
Main duties / key responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Welcoming and signing in visitors
- Promptly answering incoming calls and directing callers.
- Managing various inboxes and directing emails to the relevant person.
- Ensure timely management of contract renewals, collecting quotes, and reviewing terms and conditions, raising any areas of concern to the Office Manager.
- Administration of other mail services, including international parcels and calculating estimated taxes, duties, and costs.
- Maintaining stock levels such as stationery, refreshments, and cleaning products.
- Managing daily lunch orders.
- Booking venues for meetings and training sessions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent. 7 GCSE’s grade 9 - 4 including Maths and English.
- Organised approach.
- Possess strong IT skills, including outlook, excel and word.
- Carry out tasks effectively and efficiently, knowing when to seek support and advice.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload to meet required deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail
- Motivated with good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with colleagues on all levels.
- Flexible approach to changing work tasks and projects.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Enjoys supporting others and being part of a team.