42 Technology is a successful and growing consultancy specialising in innovation, design, and development. Our work with world leading clients in a range of industries takes products and processes from ideas to reality. We have built a reputation for challenging the status quo and finding creative and pragmatic solutions to difficult technical problems.
Our employees love the variety and challenge of our work. We have a stimulating and open culture, an excellent team, and a great location in the historic town of St Ives, close to Cambridge.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to provide deep technical insight to projects and to take a leading role in defining the technical approach to projects, drawing on experience across industries and across the development lifecycle.
- Identifying, analysing and addressing the key technical challenges in development programs across consumer, industrial, manufacturing and healthcare sectors.
- Taking a leading role in managing technical risk throughout the product development lifecycle, from concept through to delivery / transfer to manufacture.
- Developing innovative solutions and cutting-edge technologies through creative problem solving.
- Challenging and testing assumptions with colleagues and clients through insightful questioning.
- Technical analysis using a range of tools from paper calculations through to FEA analysis.
- Taking a lead role when interacting with clients to build technical credibility and develop lasting relationships.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Supporting business development opportunities, through networking and representing the company externally.
- Leading and/ or contributing to proposals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A technical degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, physics or a similar technical subject.
- Deep technical expertise, and experience in taking a hands-on role in the development of complex technical solutions for new products and processes.
- Ability to apply scientific/engineering principles and creativity to a wide variety of problems.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts and analysis to a range of audiences from technical experts to non-technical clients.
- Ability to present technical subjects in a compelling way, identifying the implications and demonstrating the implications to clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the skills and experience to succeed, apply and tell us why!