42 Technology is a successful and growing consultancy specialising in innovation, design, and development. Our work with world leading clients in a range of industries takes products and processes from ideas to reality. We have built a reputation for challenging the status quo and finding creative and pragmatic solutions to difficult technical problems.
Our employees love the variety and challenge of our work. We have a stimulating and open culture, an excellent team, and a great location in the historic town of St. Ives, close to Cambridge.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join our finance team. You will act as a key finance partner to the CFO on developing and maintaining financial controls, processes, and systems, ensuring they are in line with statutory requirements. You will also be responsible for the collection, analysis, and consolidation of financial data which will assist the CFO in the effective management of the Company.
Main duties / key responsibilities:
- Manage day to day finance operations.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual performance reports and KPIs to the Board and other Senior members including commentary, analysis, and resolution of any follow up queries.
- Further develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long-term cash forecast and cash flow management.
- Monitor and manage financial risks in-line with agreed compliance and regulation standards and requirements.
- Preparation of key schedules for the Budgeting process for the Business Development, Marketing, Operational, and support functions.
- Support the CFO with coaching and developing the finance team.
- Key point of contact with the bank and other relevant third parties.
- Manage payroll and payroll tax returns.
- Manage the Company Pension Scheme collaboratively with the HR Advisor.
- Completion of quarterly VAT Returns.
- Oversight of bank reconciliations and maintenance.
- Preparation and management of annual statutory accounts and tax returns.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with Senior Management and key stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of standard accountancy and finance best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting and financial forecasting
- In-depth understanding of project costing
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to coach, inspire and develop team members to deliver high performance
- Collaborative approach with other company functions
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface and communicate collaboratively with non-finance team members
- Degree in relevant subject
- Ideally operated within the consultancy sector
- High level of presenting skills
- Enthusiasm to obtain new skills and knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and cover many tasks simultaneously
- Thorough and methodical
- Confidence to escalate matters as needed